The Ideals of the New Democratic Republic
Why is our system so corrupt?
What should motivate our elected party officials?
What is more important?
Some solutions to the ills that encompass American politics are simple:
1) Cut the salaries of all politicians in half. Make all raises dependent
on a vote of the people. The job of running our government was never
meant to be a profit making venture. That sacrifice is part of its
nature must be kept to. Those who work in government work long hours,
sacrifice their home lives, but the idea that this should be compensated
for by funds of a grandiose nature is destructive to the democratic
2) Cap the amount you can spend on elections. Make a part of that
expenditure a publication of what an individual running for office
stands for, what s/he is running for reelection s/he as previously
voted for, and what economic alliances they have.
3) Force all bills that cannot be agreed upon back to the people.
4) Make the issues that each member of the government has control
over clear, and limit it to those issues.
5) Require that each bill that goes through the central government
be a single issue. End all piggyback of other issues onto bills being
6) Make the preservation of the environment as important as the preservation
of our military.
7) Recreate a military that spends its peacetime work rebuilding the
infrastructure of our country.
8) End the electoral college. Popular vote must decide all elections.